Every class offered by the KU English department is an small-class environment, offering opportunities for discussion and critical engagement with texts and ideas.
- Courses at the 100 & 200 level, including First Year English, are capped at 22 students
- Non-Creative Writing 300 level classes are capped at 35 students, but most have just 20-25
- Creative Writing classes have between 18 and 22 students, but many are smaller
- 500-level classes never go above 25 students, and English 598 is capped at 12 students
- Graduate courses often have fewer than 15 students.
For more information about class offerings, see the course listings.